5 Bible Verses for the Exhausted Woman

this post may contain affiliate links. view our disclosure policy here

Encouraging Bible Verses for Women. You know that feeling of exhaustion that hangs heavy on your chest? It steals your joy and energy. Yes, that’s it. I’ve been there and as I searched God’s Word for Encouraging Bible Verses for Women, I wanted to share them with you.

Amidst the hustle of trying to adjust to living in another country, homeschooling 2 kids, managing the home, and my part time job – I’m exhausted.
Barely keeping my head of above water some days. Working hard. Going to bed exhausted. Waking up weary.
Putting on the smile and cheerful attitude so others don’t see, because – after all- I’m the christian and should not feel this way.
And feeling ashamed about these feelings. Which makes it worse.

I sat re-evaluting my time with God.

*Have I fallen short?
*Am I distracted?
*Is something getting in the way of me hearing God’s voice and resting in His arms?
*Has my daily time with God become more routine instead of deep passion?
Diving back in with a fierceness in my soul I cranked up the worship music and wept. Skin on the cold tile. Tears pooled beneath me.
I cried out for renewal!! Praying and worshipping God. Telling Him all I need is HIM. He is enough. I begged Him to change me.
I dragged out my truth journal from it’s hiding spot and wrote out my ugly feelings that overwhelmed this momma’s heart.
I then wrote out the truth over myself, my heart, my feelings and my life. Making sure to add Scripture and to let my heart and mind settle on those verses of truth.

Encouraging Bible Verses for Women

So I share these Encouraging Bible Verses for Women with you in hopes that when you grow weary, tired or exhausted you have them bookmarked already.
Turn to them quickly and let God’s Word settle on your heart to give you rest and renewal.

“For I the Lord thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee.” Isaiah 41:13

There is just something that soothes my soul to know that God holds my hand. He doesn’t leave me. His faithfulness doesn’t waver during my weakness.

“For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
Matthew 11:30

This verse reminds me that whatever I may go through here on earth… death of a beloved, betrayal, set backs, exhaustion etc – all of it is light in comparison to Eternal Glory and the reward that I have in Heaven.

“But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.”

2 Corinthians 12:9

God’s power is made perfect in weakness. It’s not about me, what I can do or what I can not do. It’s about Jesus and His story of rescuing me from sin. It’s about Jesus! He is enough.

“You are my refuge and my shield; I have put my hope in your word.” Psalm 119:114

I remind myself of this over and over again. I allow my heart to settle on this. God is our refuge and our shield. My hope is in Him and He is enough!

“And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart.” Galatians 6:9

This verse helps me to keep my perspective in check. God wants to be my refuge and strength, but I need to not give up. I need to keep pressing forward. I need to keep doing the good work.
The next time you find yourself feeling exhausted, remember these encouraging bible verses for women – asking God to guide your heart and thoughts. Remember your identity in Christ!
Remember God sings over you and He loves you with a passion. You can do this – momma – wife – daughter of God. You can do this, because God has you.
Encouraging Bible Verses for Women

Spread the love

1. Andrea Wiener

March 3, 2017 at 4:34 pm

"For my yoke is easy"…very comforting to me

2. Lil

March 3, 2017 at 4:34 pm

Praying His strength continues to sustain you, Starla. The one verse you shared from 2 Corinthians is one that has spoken to me many times.

His grace is greater in our failures, our exhaustion and in our weakness!

3. Kristi

March 5, 2017 at 2:43 pm

Psalm 199 & Galations 6 are two of my favorites!

4. Lauren C. Moye

March 5, 2017 at 2:44 pm

Thank you so much for this! Not only did it provide some encouragement to me as a currently exhausted woman, but it also gave me a verse that I needed for a post that I'm working on.

5. Cathy Thomson

March 8, 2017 at 3:49 pm

This is very helpful. Thank you!

6. Anonymous

March 8, 2017 at 3:50 pm

Thank You So Much For Helping Me Realize That I Am Never Alone And With God All Things Are Possible! HE Is Still Working On Me! <3

7. Lois

March 21, 2017 at 1:53 am

Starla, Thank you so much for sharing this. I love with chronic illness and am exhausted most days. You've reminded me of gems to meditate on. 🙂

8. DH

September 10, 2017 at 3:00 am

Thank you, Starla! Sometimes it’s so hard putting on the smile and trying to force a cheerful attitude. It’s so hard that sometimes I just avoid people altogether to avoid the guilt I have for feeling “fake.” I appreciate your words of encouragement and the reminders to look at God’s word for clarity.

9. Rachelle

October 1, 2017 at 3:58 pm

Starla, I’m in the same boat – 3 kids at 3 schools with special activities that keep us busy, working part time substitute teaching, and settling into another state after just 2 years in the last.

Last spring, I felt really close to God, but then it came to my attention that I was following a false prophet’s teachings (outside of my normal church), and now I seem to be wary and confused. Thank you for using scripture to speak truth!

10. Susannah

January 10, 2018 at 10:24 am

I love this. Thank you so much for the encouragement! I am feeling weary this week and was planning to write a similar post, thanks for the inspiration as well!!

11. Building up Your Faith and Trust -

February 8, 2018 at 10:49 am

[…] finish reading this article and all my tips and favorite bible verses on building your faith and trust in the Lord please click […]

12. 3 Scriptures to Trust God in Difficult Times -

February 8, 2018 at 1:42 pm

[…] you are hurt and in pain.  Exhausted! You may not feel Him and you certainly do not see Him, please just believe.  Hold on to the […]

13. Worshipping God in Hard Times -

March 9, 2018 at 3:33 pm

[…] Waiting in the valley is hard.  It’s painful when you want to run away and can’t.   […]