Bible Verses on My Identity in Christ

This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I may get compensated. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I personally enjoy. Click HERE for my disclosure policy.

this post may contain affiliate links. view our disclosure policy here

I remember sitting on my bed, crying for hours…HOURS…angry with my situation and pain at the hands of another. Feeling alone, not worthy nor valuable. I felt unloved and unwanted.

The one who had promised to love me forever had done the unthinkable. I was left picking up the pieces of what felt like the after affects of a massive tornado.

Sifting through the rubble, hoping to find bits and pieces of hope. I sat. Tear stained face. God’s Word open beside me, tear drops wrinkled it’s thin pages.

Have you ever found yourself in such a place of pain that you search the Bible for Scriptures on your Identity in Christ to bring you comfort? Or searched for Bible studies on Identity in Christ to bring you peace?

Pain and hard life trials seem to have a way of keeping us confused, if we allow them, on our identity in Christ. Labels that society harshly bombard us with can be overwhelming to the heart.

Everything opposite of who I am in Christ; that’s what I was feeling.

I was not yet strong enough nor knowledgeable in the Word to combat the lies that stole my identity.

And at that moment, God met me. He found me in my pain. He began to remind me of who I was through Him. He showed me who He is and who I am in Him. It was like His love was surrounding me in a security blanket.

There is freedom and security in knowing your Identity in Christ. Click To Tweet

What is My Identity in Christ?

We are because of who He is.

“Christian selfhood is not defined in terms of who we are in and of ourselves. It’s defined in terms of what God does to us and the relationship he creates with us and the destiny he appoints for us. God made us who we are so we could make known who he is. Our identity is for the sake of making known his identity.” Quote from Desiring God

Finding Your Identity in Christ

I created this scripture writing plan to help not just myself, but for my friends and readers to have a guide to get them started in knowing who they truly are in the Lord.

We find ourselves and our true identity when we find Christ. Click To Tweet

At the center of who Christ is there is love. You were bought with a price. (1 Corinthians 6:20)

Human labels may be a fact of life, but that doesn’t mean they have to rule our life. ~ Sarah Koontz

God alone can place a value on you. And He thinks you are so so valuable!!

One of the biggest factors in our Faith is accepting who Jesus says you are. If it’s not us who can change ourselves, then who can do that?
Jesus. ~ Embracing the Lovely: What is your Identity in Christ

Use these 30 bible verses, one per day, writing them out over and over until God’s truth sinks deep into your heart, mind and soul.

Be encouraged my friend, God thinks you are amazing and we can never comprehend just how wide and deep His love is for us.

What is Scripture Writing?

For all my scripture writing plans, Click Here.

Bible Verses on My Identity in Christ PDF

Click HERE or on the Image below.

Bible Verses on My Identity in Christ | Scripture Writing Plan Identity in Christ | What is my Identity in Christ? | Finding Your Identity in Christ

Get your FREE printable prayer journal by signing up to receive my newsletters. If you are on Pinterest, I’d love to see you there!

Related Post

Spread the love

13 Comments

1. What is your Identity in Christ? (with Free Photo Printables) - Embracing the Lovely

March 14, 2018 at 5:00 pm

[…] writing plan that would compliment my Identity in Christ photo printables.  You can click over HERE to download and read […]

2. Beka

March 15, 2018 at 8:05 am

Starla, I’m sorry you had to experience such pain! You are right, experiences like that leave us so shaken that we have to find our anchor in what God says about us. Definitely sharing this post! Thank you!

3. Chuck Livermore

March 15, 2018 at 10:30 am

What a wonderful reminder of our great worth in Jesus Christ. Thank you for sharing your story and study with us.

4. Ayodimeji

March 15, 2018 at 1:38 pm

I downloaded the PDF file, and seriously it’s helpful. Thanks!

5. Lia

March 15, 2018 at 3:25 pm

Thank you for opening up your vulnerable corners and how you met God right in the middle of pain. Words are indeed so powerful, and if we don’t renew our minds with his words, pretty soon our minds are filled with everybody else’s including the enemies. Sometimes I like to hear to youtube videos of verses affirmations and just let the words wash my soul!

6. Sabrina

March 16, 2018 at 8:17 am

Such a wonderfully encouraging post! Thank you so much!

7. Dani

March 20, 2018 at 4:30 pm

Starla, you impart such life-changing truth here. We truly are loved by Him in ways no one else can. The Scripture writing list looks wonderful – saving it for sure! Thank you for sharing your heart.

8. Dani M.

March 20, 2018 at 4:31 pm

Starla, you impart such life-changing truth here! We truly are loved by Him in ways no one else can. The Scripture writing list looks wonderful – saving it for sure! Thank you for sharing your heart.

9. shan walker

March 29, 2018 at 3:08 pm

Thanks for these reminders on this holy week! Need this!

10. Praying For Those Who Hurt Us -

April 2, 2018 at 12:02 pm

[…] in Christ, need to stand on the knowledge of who He is and who we are in Him. We should be firm in our identity in Christ. This includes acknowledging and responding to painful situations in a way that glorifies Christ.  […]

11. Don't Lose Sight Of Who Christ Is -

April 3, 2018 at 6:52 pm

[…] don’t wish on anyone. A brokenness in my marriage that brought about a whirlwind of damage to my identity and self worth. All brought by the hands of someone […]

12. Cindy

April 12, 2018 at 12:02 pm

Isn’t it just like God to meet us where we are at and take us by the hand to bring us to Himself? Thank you for sharing your pain but more, for sharing Scripture verses to help the healing process. God is good!

13. Do Not Be Afraid Bible Verses -

April 20, 2018 at 9:19 pm

[…] life marked by fear has had grave consequences. Little by little it stole my identity, peace and happiness. I woke up one day and realized I didn’t know who I was […]