Does God Listen to My Prayers

Does God listen to every prayer? Does God listen to my prayers? There’s been times when I didn’t feel like He was listening. I didn’t feel anything, but the suffocating noise of my broken heart.  But, as I moved closer to God, refusing to listen to the enemy, I learned God was always with me. I can look back now and see the moments where God held me.

I say, Yes, God does listen to our prayers.

Can our prayers be hindered by our actions and attitude? Yes. Does God answer every prayer?  No, He does not, and that may be a blessing.

You husbands likewise, live with your wives in an understanding way, as with a weaker vessel, since she is a woman; and grant her honor as a fellow heir of the grace of life, so that your prayers may not be hindered. (1 Peter 3:7)

Now that verse is directed at husbands and their hindered prayers because of them treating their wives poorly. OUCH!!

But there are other verses, like the ones listed below that are for Christians in general.

Let him who means to love life and see good days refrain his tongue from evil and his lips from speaking guile. And let him turn away from evil and do good; let him seek peace and pursue it. For the eyes of the Lord are upon the righteous, and his ears attend to their prayer, but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil.” (1 Pet 3:10–12)

And another here…

The end of all things is at hand; therefore be self-controlled and sober-minded for the sake of your prayers. 1 Peter 4:7

Does God Listen to My Prayers

Speaking to believers here, the bible says for our prayers to be heard we must be striving to live according to God’s will, trusting Him and obeying His word.  (Read 1 John 5:14 & 2 Chronicles 7:14)

What that means is, for our prayers to be heard we must be working on our relationship with God. We must believe that our prayers will be answered by a Holy, Loving and Heavenly Father.

Daily Prayers for Everyday Life

Your prayers don’t have to be super long and filled with complex words. Pray like you are talking to a friend. God already knows your deepest secrets and He still loves you. So just talk to God.

Prayer is a conversation.  Prayer is talking to God and listening to His response.

Best Way to Pray to God

Imagine prayer is just like making a friend with people in the neighborhood, community, work and church.
To get to know your friend you spend time with them, talking, hanging out and listening to them.
It is the same with God. Spend time and get to know God by reading the Bible, praying and applying His Word to your life.
If I were to say I had a relationship with God and then went on sinning unrepentantly will God still hear my prayers?
Now, I know we all are human and fail God daily. I get that. But If I call myself Christian and do not strive to follow God’s word and turn away from what hurts Him, then my prayers may be hindered until I seek God for forgiveness and help in my struggles.
If I am not truly giving it my all, what happens to my prayers?  I was doing some bible reading and came across these verses.

Bible Verses on Prayer

“When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures.” James 4:3
“But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.” James 1:6

Does God Hear Prayers from the Unsaved

Does God hear prayers from the unbelievers?

I believe so and the bible tells us that God hears the prayers of everyone.

God is faithful and shows such great mercy and grace to ALL of us.
He intervenes in the lives of unbelievers when they pray.

“You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.” Jeremiah 29:13

Walk with a Contrite Heart Before God

Let’s strive to have that close relationship with God. To turn away from all that hurts God. To seek Him and know Him. To live in His will. To find our purpose in Him. To live under His protection.

I believe we will be happiest when we are striving to live in His will for our lives.  Imagine the peace we will have in knowing, at the end of the day, all is right between you and God. That He has you and listens to your prayers.

I cannot live with out Him. If it wasn’t for me clinging to God on a daily basis, I would not have been able to make it through the hard times in life. I find my strength to make it through another day as I find my refuge in Him.

Morning Prayers for Christians

Dear Lord,
Thank you for being our merciful and Holy God. Thank for another morning to seek your face. Help me to always realize and be aware of how Holy you are. Let my prayers never be hindered. Guide me to always seek You and follow Your commandments. Forgive me of my sins!! If I have any un-confessed sin in my life please show me. Cleanse me. Help me to find my purpose in You. Let my words be your words, let my thoughts be your thoughts, let my feeling and emotions be the ones you want me to have. Be my strength and refuge. Show up and show off in my life to bring You glory. Be with me as I go about my day today. Thank you for your grace and mercy.  You are my King of Kings and Lord of Lords. I love you Lord. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

Please share this with others it may encourage!

Blessings,

Starla Jimenez

Does God Listen to My Prayers

Related Post

Spread the love

20 Comments

1. Magnolia_Mom

October 7, 2014 at 4:24 pm

This hit right at home today. Thanks so much for posting! 🙂

2. Jenny

October 7, 2014 at 4:50 pm

Spending time with God is crucial…crucial. It's funny the things we can make time for yet we say we're too busy to spend time with God.

3. Lisa Jorgensen

October 7, 2014 at 4:51 pm

Yes! I love that he hears our prayers and I believe he answers all of them just maybe not always in the way we think it should be. He answers in His way in His time. We have to learn patience and have faith as we learn what those answers are. Great post!

4. Poet, Detachment Mom, and Navy Wife

October 7, 2014 at 9:19 pm

I believe God answers every prayer – but that sometimes the answer is no. Good verses. 🙂

5. Natalie Peters

February 20, 2015 at 4:08 pm

So true! It's good to be reminded that He does hear every prayer, even if he chooses not to "answer" every one. His answers are always better than anything we could humanly conceive.

6. trehernemommy

February 20, 2015 at 10:07 pm

Thanks for sharing this wisdom. It is so important that we are living within his design and not ignoring the conviction of the Holy Spirit. There are definitely consequences…like unanswered prayer. I definitely don't want my prayers hindered. God is our source of life and if my prayers are hindered that means my fellowship with the Lord is broken which means that I am headed into a dark place!! Blessings. 🙂

7. myviewmamadiaries

March 25, 2015 at 8:54 pm

Thank you for the encouragement! So true. <3

8. lokkesja

March 25, 2015 at 8:54 pm

Amen! There is nothing God enjoys more than spending time with His children. He's a good father!

9. Amanda

March 26, 2015 at 1:15 pm

Thank you for your encouragement! I do believe,like you,that God does hear all of our prayers, whether he answers accordingly is not up to us. But looking back I think over some of my prayer request and think, wow Im so glad that was not answered the way I thought. Great read!

10. Sarah Ann

March 27, 2015 at 2:27 am

Love this, Starla! I agree wholeheartedly and love the reminder to lead a godly life!

11. survivingtoddlerhood.com

March 30, 2015 at 6:50 pm

I believe that God always answers prayer. It might not always be yes, it could be no, not now, or maybe, but he doesn't leave us hanging. Sometimes we might ignore his answer or not take the time to listen, but he still answers.

12. survivingtoddlerhood.com

March 30, 2015 at 6:50 pm

I think God answers every prayer. It might be with a "no", a "maybe" or a "not now" rather than always "yes", but He doesn't leave us hanging with no response. Sometimes we might not be listening and ignore the answer but He still answers. 🙂

13. Heather @ My Overflowing Cup

June 30, 2015 at 7:19 pm

Thank you so much for this encouragement, Starla! What a blessing we have in knowing that the God of all creation does hear our prayers. May He continue to fill our cups to overflowing as we seek to grow in our relationship with Him.

14. Lil

June 28, 2016 at 3:52 pm

I really enjoyed reading this today Starla.

I think that many times we look upon prayer as a requirement, something we have to do and check off a list, instead of just spending time with the One who our soul loves… loving Him… worshiping Him.

Thank you for sharing!

15. To Feel Overwhelmed With Shame -

January 30, 2018 at 2:55 pm

[…] and affirm your thoughts and soul. God is Holy. Let’s remember who we are speaking to when we pray. Kneel before Him. Be still. Allow Him to shower you with the thoughts that He has of you.  […]

16. How to Rejoice in the Lord -

March 28, 2018 at 4:02 pm

[…] Talk to God. Sounds simple enough, but I believe an open two way conversation with our Heavenly Father is an […]