Fighting for Faith and Hope: Free Printable Scripture Cards

This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I may get compensated. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I personally enjoy. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click HERE for my disclosure policy.

this post may contain affiliate links. view our disclosure policy here

A woman, ashamed and desperate for healing, stood just outside the crowd. Broken, frantic, financially exhausted and alone.

Surrounded by a large crowd, He walked through her town. Whispers and rumors of these miraculous healings that He could perform spread like wild-fire in an open prairie.

I imagine, she felt like all the other doctors and medicine could not heal her so how could this newcomer possibly do any better, but she had to try. She had nothing left to hope for. This man named Jesus and the stories of His healing power fanned a flame of hope inside her to try, once more.

Twelve years of seeking with no cure in sight.  Her bank account stood empty. She had to cling to this hope. She had to see if Jesus could heal her. Determined, she pressed in.

She pressed through the crowd. Pushing her way in. Jesus was surrounded by many, everyone stepping closer to Him, to hear, to touch and to see what He was all about. She pushed through.

Free Printable Scripture Cards

The flames of hope grew every inch that she was able to crawl closer to Jesus. Finally, she made it. She reached out, secretly, almost ashamed to be near Him. With hope now racing through her, believing with everything in her, she grabbed the end of His robe. It was done. She knew and even felt it. She was healed!

Jesus stopped. He felt power leave Him. “Who touched me.”, He called.  Peter, a fisherman turned apostle, was walking with Jesus. Peter asked Jesus what He meant by “who touched Me”. There was a great multitude of people about Jesus. There could be any number of people “touching” Him.

But no, Jesus knew someone with faith and hope had touched Him. Power left Him and He felt it. She stepped forward. Humbled. Trembling. Admitting that it was indeed her, she touched Him. With faith and hope, believing He could be her healer. Her salvation!

I wonder if the crowd silenced into a low hush taking a step back. As the woman with an issue of blood, as the bible calls her, must have been known around town. She fell before Jesus, in awe of Him, in fear of Him, trembling before Him.

Jesus said…

“And he said unto her, Daughter, be of good comfort: thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace.” Luke 8:48

He called her daughter. He gave her comfort. He stopped and gave her favor. Sending her off in peace. Jesus loved her. I’m sure she would never forget this moment with the Savior.

You can read the whole story in Luke 8:43-48. If only, friends, we would press into God like never before. Coming broken, struggling with our flesh, finding the One and leaving healed and in peace. Restored.

FREE Printable Scripture Cards

Free Printable Scripture Cards
Fighting for Faith and Hope: Free Printable Scripture Cards

Let me encourage you, with scripture, for a minute.

• If you’ve been struggling for a long time, don’t give up hope. You never know when your storm will dissipate. ( James 1:12)
  • If your struggle is fierce, don’t be surprised. But praise God as He will work all this out.  (James 1:2-8)
  • God is faithful. (Deuteronomy 7:9)
  • You can trust God. (Proverbs 3:5-6)
  • Rest in Him. (Matthew 11:28-30)
  • Be Humble before God. (2 Chronicles 7:14)

Although I am a fan and often enjoy devotions, nothing – NOTHING, takes the place of you reading the Bible for yourself. Spending time, quiet time, with our Creator.

As we read the Bible, it cleanses us. As we sit at the feet of Jesus, He comforts us, renews and strengthens us. Do not disregard this nonchalantly. It is vital to your life as a Christian.

I’ve created a set of printable scripture cards. It is a set of printable bible verses that are power packed, offer encouragement to your soul and challenge you to seek God. It is in English and Spanish! There are 5 pages with 4 scriptures on each page, for you to cut out.

To get your FREE printable; Fighting for Faith and Hope scripture cards click HERE. There is both an English and Spanish version.

Print them out, I like cardstock, but regular printer paper works too. Tape them about your home or use them as a bookmark.

Be encouraged!

Starla Jimenez

photo source

Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson. Used by permission. All rights reserved.

El texto Bíblico ha sido tomado de la versión Reina-Valera © 1960 Sociedades Bíblicas en América Latina; © renovado 1988 Sociedades Bíblicas Unidas. Utilizado con permiso. Reina-Valera 1960™ es una marca registrada de la American Bible Society, y puede ser usada solamente bajo licencia.

Spread the love

15 Comments

1. Lacy

November 12, 2016 at 9:19 pm

A beautiful look into this story of hope. Pointing to how Jesus met so many needs is a great reminder that He knows us deeply.

2. Johanna

November 13, 2016 at 12:41 am

Starla, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this story so much! She had so much faith, even after 12 years of pain. I have read this story over and over again, but this summer when I re-read it in the Unashamed Book, the Lord revealed that for 12 years i have been seeking God in my healing journey and this was the year of healing! And Praise God – my Jehovah Rapha – He has healed me after 12 desperate years of seeking his healing and working though so much of the pain of my past.
    Thank you for sharing this with us, it is a forever reminder that He heals in his time and we need to have FAITH it will happen exactly when it needs to.
    Can't wait to get my verse cards 🙂

3. piajingco

November 13, 2016 at 1:05 pm

Simply wonderful. Thank you for this! Sharing!

4. shannan williams

November 13, 2016 at 6:45 pm

Thank you so much for these beautiful scripture cards! These are some of my favorite verses, I really appreciate it. Blessings to you.

5. Dawn Klinge

November 14, 2016 at 5:32 pm

These are so cute, Starla! Thank you!

6. Andi

November 14, 2016 at 9:13 pm

I feel like I'm always in a battle

7. Lauren C. Moye

November 14, 2016 at 11:55 pm

This is one of my favorite stories. Sometimes I feel very much like that woman: lost, alone, with only one chance at salvation from her suffering. And, just like her, I find that my faith and hope in the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are not misplaced. Thank you for sharing!

8. Anonymous

November 15, 2016 at 12:17 am

These are so cute! Thanks for sharing them!

9. Heather

November 15, 2016 at 1:26 am

This was wonderful. Thank you.

10. Ginger Harrington

November 15, 2016 at 2:57 am

Beautifully written post that draws us right into the midst of this amazing story. This is my first visit to your blog, I'll enjoy coming back again and again.

11. Minivan Ministries

November 15, 2016 at 2:18 pm

I love your take on this story. The cards are beautiful–perfect to take out and read when you are having a moment of fear.

12. Ailie

November 16, 2016 at 2:24 pm

So beautiful. I love your interpretation

13. Lauren C. Moye

December 1, 2016 at 10:32 pm

Hello, fellow blogger and friend!

On the first of each month, I do a special round-up called #(Month)25 where I share the best of other people’s content with my followers. I share five posts from each of these categories: Christian, kids/motherhood, relationships, money, and miscellaneous. I just wanted to let you know that this blog post was featured in my #December25 Roundup. Hooray!

Here’s a link to the post so you can see for yourself: http://wp.me/p7RdMZ-xO

Love,
    Lauren C. Moye

14. Anonymous

December 2, 2016 at 10:37 pm

What a great inspirational post. Thank you so much for the cards! Great reminder that we needn't fix ourselves before we come to Jesus, that we come to Jesus and he fixes us.thanks for sharing. -Jen E.

15. Anonymous

December 8, 2016 at 10:21 pm

Oh, I'm SO GLAD the Lord led me to your blog (via MSM)….and I already started wanting to pray for you guys as soon I read about your vital ministry in Mexico!!

And I want to thank you for the gorgeous Scripture cards—it's such a huge help, isn't it, to put the Word on our walls (and mirrors, and cabinets, and more) so we can focus on what's really important.

As a SAHHM [Stay-at-Home-Homeschooling Mom]–like you!–I'm being convicted lately that I need to stop expecting our precious children to be little adults–during School, at the store, or anyplace else!! Having these Scriptures around will sure help.

Dios de bendiga (did I get that right?) 🙂

Kimberly in Indiana ("Anonymous" because we don't have any of the other ways to "publish.")