How to be Thankful for What You Have

This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I may get compensated. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I personally enjoy. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click HERE for my disclosure policy.

How to be thankful for what you have. In a world where nothing is enough and everything must be rush rush, taking time to slow down and be thankful is a sanity changer. Are you ready to accept a challenge?

Instead of letting our thoughts run away with us let’s choose to focus and control them by not letting destructive thoughts in and only allowing positive thoughts to fill our minds.

Speaking life and scripture over ourselves, husbands, children, marriages, family, friends, and ministry is a game changer.

Count Your Blessings Bible Verse

I believe the spoken word is important. Speaking blessings and scripture over ourselves is wonderful. The bible says Jesus is the Word. John 1:1 & 14.

There is power in our words! Read Proverbs 18:2.

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. James 1:17

The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake. Even though I walk through the darkest valley,I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. Psalm 23:1-4
And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. 2 Corinthians 9:8

My challenge to you is to count your blessings today! That’s how you become thankful for what you have.

Be thankful for the small things in life. Can you speak out and remind yourself of 100 blessings today? Click To Tweet

How To Be Grateful For What You Have

What are your daily blessings? Here are some of mine.

God woke me up this morning
It’s a beautiful sun shiny morning
I have a coffee maker
I have coffee in my cup
My kids are still sleeping so I have a moment to write this blog post
I can read my bible without fear of being arrested
I can pray to our Lord without fear of being arrested
I have a roof over my head
I have food in my pantry
I have clothes for the kids and I to wear
My car runs
I have family
I have friends
They pray for me
I get to homeschool my kiddos.
I have running water
I have electricity
I am not behind on any bills
We got to attend kids camp last week
We were blessed with the money to go
I rode the zip line
I rode the red neck water slide
I got to witness kids cry out to God like never before
I have a washing machine and dryer to wash the nasty camp clothes
I got to experience camp with a good friend
I have a great church family
My Pastors are kinda awesome
I enjoyed church yesterday
I got to hear to powerful testimony
I’m able to serve God
My grass is cut
I have two watch dogs
I don’t have to drive out in traffic today
I have eyes to see
I have legs to walk
I have ears to hear
I am in good health
I have a little fire place in my living room which I love during the winter
My sister and her family are visiting
I have wonderful parents
We have gone several times out on their boat this summer
We had a great time with family for the 4th of July
I  have a good support team
I get to host a bible study/devotion
I can read
I get to be at home raising my kids
God loves me
I have His grace
I have His mercy
He works through me
The list goes on………

Let’s keep this going! Take the Count Your Blessings Challenge and share it with all your friends. Join my Facebook Group and share your list.

Let’s choose to think positive and not let destructive thoughts in our day.

Be grateful for what you have!

Thank you for being here with me!

Blessings,

Starla J.

How to be Thankful for what you have

Related Post

Spread the love

33 Comments

1. Kelly Rodriguez

July 14, 2014 at 7:01 pm

This is great, Starla. We should all begin and end our day in gratitude. If we do this, how can we have a bad day. We are all blessed, regardless of our own hardships. Everyone has something to be grateful for. Well said!

Kelly

2. Starla J.

July 14, 2014 at 8:08 pm

Gratitude is so important. Thank you for stopping by and commenting!

3. Inspiring Kitchen

July 14, 2014 at 9:27 pm

It's all perspective, isn't it? Find the positive in life and your day will be better. Thanks for sharing.

4. Deb Wolf

July 14, 2014 at 9:51 pm

Starla, What a wonderful list of blessings. I had to visit . . . my site is Counting My Blessings, so I couldn't resist. I started it to hold myself accountable to remaining grateful even when my circumstances aren't fun.

5. Paula Parker

July 14, 2014 at 10:51 pm

Great list. Life is much happier when you go through it grateful. I am always grateful to my two sisters!

6. Starla J.

July 14, 2014 at 10:52 pm

Very true! Thank you for stopping by!

7. Starla J.

July 14, 2014 at 10:53 pm

How awesome! What a great idea for a blog. 🙂

8. Starla J.

July 14, 2014 at 10:55 pm

Sisters are great! I only have one but love her so much. Thank you for stopping by!

9. geanine

July 15, 2014 at 5:34 pm

Today in life it is so easy to lose sight of our blessings. Thank you for the reminder.

10. Jen

July 15, 2014 at 5:34 pm

Counting blessings is SO important! One of my favorite quotes is, "You are only happy as you are grateful." Thanks for the reminder! Love your list and the simple things on it we take for granted!

11. Sydney Andersen

July 15, 2014 at 5:34 pm

Such a great idea!! I always look back on at night all things I am thankful for but doing this in the morning may help my days get better too!

12. Jessica Peeling

July 15, 2014 at 5:34 pm

Great post! I can definitely think of a lot of blessings in my life right now.. too many to type!

13. Starla J.

July 16, 2014 at 1:08 am

I know! When we really stop and think it's amazing!

14. Starla J.

July 16, 2014 at 1:08 am

That's a great idea! Thank you!

15. Starla J.

July 16, 2014 at 1:09 am

You are so welcome! Thank you for stopping by!

16. Michelle

July 16, 2014 at 6:31 am

What a beautiful post. I am thankful for my preemie daughter. She was born weighing one pound, eight ounces. Today, she is 18 months old and a whopping 18 pounds! I am thankful for the doctors and nurses who took care of her in the NICU — and for the therapists who help us with feeding, nutrition, speech, and occupational therapy. I feel blessed that Emily is walking and starting to use jargon. Today, she even mimicked feeding one of her baby dolls. Thank you for encouraging me to reflect on the blessings of life!!! Being thankful is a great feeling! -Michelle at Preemie Blessings

17. Elizabeth

July 17, 2014 at 9:16 pm

Excellent challenge~ So glad to have crossed paths with your space~

Elizabeth

18. Starla J.

July 17, 2014 at 9:17 pm

I appreciate that! Thank you!

19. Lisa Rusczyk

July 21, 2014 at 6:11 pm

Thanks for creating this challenge. I added some hope to my week already. http://life.50thingstoknow.com/count-your-blessing-challange/

20. S.L. Payne

July 23, 2014 at 3:42 am

Loved this! I loved how some of the things you might complain about (nasty camp clothes lol! That is how we roll around here too!) were blessings because we can take care of them! And yes, I am so thankful for my washing machine too! I have been insanely busy lately especially since my foster daughter just had surgery this morning and I'm exhausted, but really you so are right that I should be focusing on all the good. I am so thankful that I have my foster daughter right now and that we were able to get her taken care of today so she is now hearing as she should be 🙂 My husband was able to stay home with our boys so I didn't have to drag them all with me and wait for her with the three of them at the surgery center- a huge blessing! If nothing else, these are good reasons to be tired! Thanks so much for linking up- I needed the reminder!
    -S.L. Payne from uncommongrace.net

21. Sybil Brun

July 23, 2014 at 3:56 pm

Starla! This is awesome, what a great idea! I accept this challenge and may just post my list for my next MADM post : )

22. Starla J.

July 26, 2014 at 10:41 pm

Awesome! I look forward to seeing it!

23. Cathy - Life's Hidden Treasures

August 28, 2014 at 5:34 pm

your first blessing is my favorite "God woke me up this morning"….he certainly didn't have to 🙂

24. Michele

September 3, 2014 at 6:25 pm

Thanks for the reminder that not only do we need to be thankful but we need to VOICE that thankfulness- to God and others! Be blessed!!

25. Starla J.

September 3, 2014 at 6:41 pm

Thank you, Michele, for stopping by!

26. Betty Asphy

September 4, 2014 at 12:36 am

When I think about complaining, I will have to remember to count my blessings which are many.

27. Starla J.

September 7, 2014 at 12:39 am

It's a great way to remember the good in our lives. Thank you for stopping by!! 🙂